Schools and ECE Video Competition
We’re inviting schools and early childhood education facilities across Auckland to enter our Win A Bathtub Worm Farm competition.
If your school or ECE facility wants to get started with composting, just make a short video telling us why your school should win a bathtub worm farm. There’s a great prize up for grabs – a bathtub worm farm (made by our friends at Massey Men’s Shed), worms to get your farm started and support from your local Compost Collective tutor, to help you and your school get the worm farm up and running.
Find out more about getting started with composting in your school here.
When your school composts, you’re helping keep food scraps out of landfill. This helps ensure these valuable nutrients aren’t lost forever, and reduces production of methane in landfills. It’s widely acknowledged as one of the easiest things we can do to combat the climate emergency.
Good to know
- The competition is open for entries from Monday 1 February 2021 to Friday 9 April 2021.
- There will be one prize for an ECE and one prize for a school (primary to secondary) in the Auckland region (defined by the boundaries of Auckland Council).
- The prize is one bathtub worm farm with 500g worms, delivered to the winner, and one session of up to three hours with a Compost Collective facilitator to help get the worm farm up and running.
- Videos should be in landscape (horizontal) format at a 16:9 ratio. Please aim for around 1-3 mins in length. We prefer .MP4 or .MOV format videos. Maximum file size of 5MB.
- Judges will be looking for information about the school/ECE’s sustainability journey so far, who will champion the worm farm and how it will be looked after, and why composting is good for the environment.
- Download a PDF of the full terms and conditions here.